Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Sliders

ok, no pic for this one, kids were screaming, people were stressed (and by people I mean me), and all were hungry.


But they turned out just delicious!  Here's what I did:

Recipe:

1lb ground beef
1/2 cup steamed and pureed carrots (or carrot baby food if you are lazy like me) give or take
1 1/2 Tbsp. Shirley J all purpose seasoning

Mixy mix and form into 8-9 small patties (remember they will shrink when cooking so don't make them too small).  Grill on a skillet for about 10 mins flipping half way through.

Serve on dinner rolls with a pickle slice and ketchup and whatever else on the side.

These were great--I think the seasoning added some really good flavor, and the carrot puree adds moisture so the patties don't dry out.

*Tip* 
resist the urge to smash the patties with your spatula while they cook--sure it makes a super fun sizzling sound, but it also squeezes out all of that succulent juice that makes your burger taste great.  I learned this from one of the Food Network shows, but I forget which :)

0 comments: